26 March 2010

Practice Resurrection

I've been on an unplanned hiatus since the beginning of January. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, just have been busy, and didn't feel compelled to address anything in particular.

I've been musing over what to do with this blog. I have another blog that is more directly ministry related,  and I thought perhaps it was time to retire this one. But things being as they are, I was, on the one hand. loathe to give up the name of this blog. I like it, and wasn't ready to see it disappear into the ether.

And, I still feel I need a place to pontificate and bloviate from time to time. So, I'm back.

What I think I'd like to do is take a look at a book I picked up on kindle for PC by Eugene Peterson called Practice Resurrection: A Conversation on Growing Up in Christ.

The first sentence reads:
This is a conversation on becoming a mature Christian, Christian formation, growing up to the stature of Christ.
 I'm hooked --you had me at Christian Formation. According to my friend Matt, it's a great read.


There are 13 chapters and an appendix, published by Eerdmans.


So, pick up the book and join me in reading it. A few comments on the reading would be okay.









Print this post

0 comments:

Post a Comment